Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sea World - Animals

WARNING: This is a very long post! Here's those photos I said I would post. These are from Sea World (San Diego, CA).

We went to the dolphin educational show first. Dolphins like to eat fish, fish, fish, and guess what? MORE fish! Some of these are from the dolphin show that we saw later on that day.








This is a pilot whale - I believe it's name is Bubbles.



There were a lot of birds there. Here's a white crane that I caught on film- err, memory card.



This little guy here is either a sea lion, or a seal. I can't exactly recall, but it was one of the quieter ones not barking and begging for fish.



I think this photo of an otter is one of the best ones I was able to get - the reflection off that tank is Terrible!!



When we stopped to eat, there were ducks wandering around the area, begging. Yep, a begging duck! I've seen dogs and cats beg, but not ducks!



This BCNH (Black Crowned Night Heron) was intently staring at someone's meal. It was kinda funny!



Alright, I know you've been waiting for some Shamu photos. Well, here they are!





















After seeing Shamu, we saw stars! As in starfish!



Aye......... sea turtles.....



Then we saw pinkish white birds - flamingos. I think flamingos prove that God has a sense of humor, just look at them!!





We fed bat rays too. One of them pinched my finger when I wasn't expecting it, they can nab ya pretty hard! It's a very interesting experience, they feel so slimy!

"Gimme squid!!!"


Mooooooooooooooooooooo!!!



Is it just me, or does anyone get the theme song for "Jaws" running through their head when they go through the shark exhibit?



And now, the dolphin show. Just briefly.





A photo of the trainer "riding" the dolphins after pretending to fall in. Sorry guys, that was just part of the show.



Afterwards, we saw penguins!

"Does this make me look taller Mom?"






Mmmmmm, tasty! Sushi!




Beloooooooooooooooooooga! (Beluga whales)





And now for something new for me. The polar bears were actually moving!!!!







And this was great for Mother's Day........

A face only a mother could love.......... maybe


Thanks for taking the time to look through these! Here's a flower photo for all your effort...



Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment